- The opening round of the PGR Eclipse fully lived up to expectations on Monday evening with the champion British and Irish trainers both pulling off impressive doubles. The review includes the semi final draw.
- Sunderland have filled nine supporting opens to run alongside Friday’s ARC Classic Final. The fields include a couple of hounds who could reasonably have made the final, namely track record holder Witton Venus, one of eight runners for the Sutherst/Lynas kennel and Yvonne Bell’s Bluejig Hank – at 41.7kg (almost 92lbs) last time out, is he the biggest hound in training?
Latest betting on the final is 6-4 Swift Iconic, 7-4 Jonny Whiskers, 7-1 Keefill George, 10-1 Pape De Oro, 20-1 March On Larry, 22-1 Links Dasher
- Among the opens closing today are trialstakes for Oxford’s Bet365 Challenge Cup at Oxford. (Not the ‘official’ trialstakes – they are on December 1) Nevertheless a first opportunity to show what the runners will be aiming for. Big thanks to Burridge Trophies for the pic.
- Readers may have noticed a new feature on the site – a news ticker above the main image. It will be a few days before it is being fully incorporated but is the latest innovation on the site. We would aim to include ‘newsflashes’ for none runners and possibly even betting updates.
- And don’t forget to click on the App links just below it. Not only will it make the site more accessible, there is now a ‘push’ update, to receive the latest news as it is published.